A touch of Modded Minecraft

Hello all and welcome to the latest edition of ‘Jonny gets bored and therefore procrastinates’.

After a brief period yesterday where some of us found ourselves playing tekkit, then aquiring red matter within a mere 3 hours, I have decided to play something with a touch more complexity.

I have settled on ‘All The Mods 3 - Remix’ as the most complex modpack of the hour, and I think I have found a UK server to boot.

Be prepared for a gruelling download journey, which will only be slightly alleviated by the long step-by-step I have created. You must have at least 6GB of RAM to use this pack, and I am not responsible for random crashes nor any extensive internet troubleshooting that may arise from attempting to install this enormous lumbering modpack.

Step-by-step is as follows:

1. Download the Twitch app: https://www.twitch.tv/downloads

2. Once setup, go to the ‘mods’ tab and select Minecraft

3. Once selected, browse modpacks for the ‘All the Mods - Remix’ pack and install it.

4. Once installed, search in your windows search bar for the download folder that houses all the mods. Go to the Config file within the folder, and find the ‘packmode.cfg’ file and open with Notepad. manually change the S:Packmode to Simplified by typing it in, then SAVE this change.

5. In the Twitch modpacks page, select Play on ‘All the Mods 3 - Remix’ and attempt to remember your goddamn Minecraft password.

6. before launching the modpack in the minecraft launcher, go to 'Launch options and select ATM3 - Remix. Go to JVM arguments and change only the number after -Xmx to more than 5500 (this is the maximum RAM option, so allocate as much as you can here). Save, and you can now finally launch the ‘All the Mods 3 - Remix’ Pack.

7. Do something productive while the modpack loads 'cause its gonna take a hot minute.

8. Once loaded, go to multiplayer and enter the server address atm3remix.thegeekshack.online.

9. See you there.

Good Luck!