[Postponed] Hearthstone Tournament

It’s true we’ve all been playing a lot of Hearthstone recently, which is why we’ve made the choice to start a tournament, and hopefully a good one.

[size=large]What is Hearthstone:[/size]
For those of you who don’t know Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a free to play online card game similar in style to card games like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. The starting decks are quite strong considering and some of the most powerful decks can be built with very little time invested into the game, plus nothing is exclusive, everything that can be purchased by money can also be attained by just playing the game. So don’t worry about having to spends lots of money if you want to stand a chance in the tournament.

[size=large]How the tournament will work:[/size]

^See the above image for a visual representation of this.

All player will start in the champions bracket (which will act exactly like a standard single elimination tournament bracket). When a player loses their first best of 3 match they will be moved into the points bracket. Players are allowed to use whatever deck they choose (even the same deck more than once) however after each match in the champions bracket the winner and they loser will give a description of each others decks, to encourage every player who wants to win to do some research on their opponents and to switch up styles every once in a while.

[size=large]Want to join?[/size]
Too bad, we’ve already started this tournament but you are welcome to join any other community event we have or possibly if we get more requests for it the next Hearthstone tournament.

[size=large]Battle Match Ups[/size]
These match ups were decided on using a d12 roll play die.

1. SentinelX101 VS 2. Dmacd98
  2. Harry VS 4. Christoffer
  3. Derpdelscorcho VS 6. NobleTP
  4. c4192857 VS 8. John
  5. J_Wakatak VS 10. XMB
  6. Surbenalot44 VS 12. Kieran_thebrit

I’m now back from my camp, so arriving back to this is… So Kawaii!
The tournament seems like a great idea, I wonder though how much (I suppose – if any) will be recorded and how such a thing will be achieved without mirroring the yogscast approach of a form of tryhard series.
Indeed, the concept of a tournament is definitely been required for a long time in some form of game and I hope other tournaments like this one will appear in other games likewise.

Definitely going to get involved,
C4192857
[hr]
Why does Jake sound like a sound board chipmunk?
Also, in the best of 3 will people have to stick with one deck or can they change/modify?

It’s going to be very difficult for us to record everything in this tournament, so I think I’m going to try my best to get everyone in TSA Core equipped with some recording/livestreaming software so that they can record for the main TSA channel and then encourage everyone else taking part to record some for their own channels.

Oh and Jake sounds like that because he was playing Hearthstone too much and a mage polymorphed him into a chipmunk… Also his microphone’s broken :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m able to play over the next couple of weeks but i’ll let people when i’ll not be available but it should be bout 7:30pm onwards. let me know what dates and people i’ll be playing.

The date for this hopefully grand tournament is set to start is the 18th of August.

Any and all who want to be a part of this tournament must have posted on this thread before the 17th of August. I have already had more than 10 people tell me that they would like take part but those people [B]must also reply to this forum thread![/B]

Well I’ve had hearthstone for around 2 weeks now. Time to show the TSA who will win the wooden spoon? Damn right. I’ll be there

“I am William Wallace. And I see a whole army of my countrymen,
here in defiance of tyranny! You have come to fight as free men. And
free man you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?”
“Two thousand against ten?” - the veteran shouted. “No! We will
run - and live!”
“Yes!” Wallace shouted back. “Fight and you may die. Run and you
will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,
would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell
our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take
our freedom!” ~ I WILL BE THERE!!!

i’ll make all effort to be there but i will be in edinburgh and available, i think from 7-8 pm, but defiantly in the morning

i’ll fight to the death for that spoon!!!

Well it looks like their should be a wooden spoon finals then :smiley:

Wooden spoon finals I’m up for that we could change the name of the points bracket to the spoon bracket, then whoever wins can be called the spoon master or the master of spooning… Actually this name may be more misleading than I had initially thought…

I will attend. I will kill. You all will cry.

Have a nice tournament:) xxxxx

Ben

Well of course I will be attending, I love losing on hearthstone, it really gives me that satisfaction of knowing that I’m the worst :'D So yeah I’ll be there :slight_smile:

J_Wakatak wishes to join in such an event.
He would write this, except his computer is currently crashing…
Otherwise +1 member: JWakatak

Awesome, well that gives up enough people to do the tournament so I’m going to do one last roll call today then I will announce who is going against others.